Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

i have a t731 elec.dryer that decided to stop working .it is

i have a t731 elec.dryer that decided to stop working .it is stacked on my washer which gets power .power outage on dryer occured on a busy laundry day i can,t tell if the 15 amp fuses are shot .also the reset button on the back of the dryer
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
do you have a volt meter and know how to check continuity? let me know Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
this is the reset you pushed right? its probably one of your 15 amp fuses, change them both and see if that takes care of it, they just screw in, let me know, thanks BryanPart 762473
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan - Thanks for your response - I am on my way home right now and will contact you from home.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I do not have a volt meter. This laundry set up is about five years old and has been reliable. The reset button is like a rubber grommet on the back of the machine - I assume that it is for overheat protection although it did not pop out on this occasion (it did earlier in the day). There are two 15amp fuses that are solid and graphite in color(not glass) - Where can i find these? All ducting in and out of the dryer have been cleaned. This was a heavy laundry day so i'm hoping it is the fuses - How long do they usually last?

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
I would take the fuses to lowes and they will get them for you, they don't have to be gray graphite just the same amp and voltage, I don't believe these are slow blow fuses,they can look on fuses and tell you what you need its written on them, if they dont have them go to an electrical supplie house, or appliance parts dealer if you have one close to where you live.let me know if you cant find them and I'll try to locate them for you, thanks Bryan