Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The drying temperature selection knob on my Maytag stack unit

Customer Question

The drying temperature selection knob on my Maytag stack unit LSE7804ACE has broken off. It did not just pop off the stem so I could pop it back on, the steam actually broke off like a key in lock. So part of the stem is stuck in the knob and the rest is almost flat and still in the control panel. There is just enough there that I can turn it with a pair of needle nose pilers but of course I'd rather actually fix it. Can this be fix? If so can you direct me to parts I would need and some instructions? THANKS!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Can you give the part numbers so I can be sure I'm ordering the correct ones? Need the switch and the knob. Also, can't tell from the diagram. Also, how complex will it be swap out the old switch for the new?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check that for you , ok the switch # XXXXX XXXXX and the knob is 22001663 and if you call appliance parts center at 1-800-540-0800 he has the in stock for $14.95 switch and $7.50 for the knob. there more online, also you can call right now he's got your info already, hope this helps , Thanks Bryan