Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE MODEL ES5FHAXA01- tHE ICE MAKER HAS STOP

WHIRLPOOL FRIDGE MODEL ES5FHAXA01- tHE ICE MAKER HAS STOP MAKING ICE. I LET THE ICE MAKER DEFOST AND IT IS STILL NOT WORKING.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

We need a bit more information to give you the best answer.

Was there frost on the back wall of the freezer before you defrosted it?

If so, was the refrigerator keeping the correct temperature?

If you feel behind the icemaker for the water hose that feeds the icemaker, can you squeeze it carefully? Does it crunch (like from ice)?

Is the water dispenser still working correctly?

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Was there frost on the back wall of the freezer before you defrosted it? no

If so, was the refrigerator keeping the correct temperature? yes

If you feel behind the icemaker for the water hose that feeds the icemaker, can you squeeze it carefully? Does it crunch (like from ice)? no

Is the water dispenser still working correctly? The water glass dispenser on the door does work. Water does not fill the ice tray. The ir senosr seams to work correctly, and the ice maker rotated when I unpluged and reconnected to the connector.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The correct model is a Whirlpool ES5HAXSA01

HiCustomer

From the information that you have given the water valve would be most likely culprit.

The water valve has two seperate outputs. One for the ice maker and the other for the water dispenser. The one for the ice maker seems to fail all the time.

We could test this a couple of ways. The easiest is to go to the water valve (behind the refrigerator where the house's waterline connects to the refrigerator). Bring a bucket and towels.

Shown below as part 5 -

Switch the hoses (you may have to find a way to adapt the hoses because of different sizes) and the wires so that the ones to the dispenser side will be on the ice maker side.

If you can't adapt the hoses, you can find a hose for the ice maker side and put it into the bucket (you still change the wires). You want to see if pushing the dispenser button for water will get the valve on the ice maker side to let water thru it.

Then, you would push the dispenser a few times to see it you got water thru the dispenser (or bucket). Oh, they are not showing you the waterline to the water dispenser in the diagram above.

If you do not get water thru the dispenser button, then you would replace the water valve.

I think your model number is XXXXX (unless you are outside of North America).

Please let me know if you would like more information.

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The model is ES5FHAXS01. Where is the water valve (part5) located? Does the bacl casing of the frige have to come off?

Hi R,

There is usually a cardboard or thin backing that you may want to remove to see things clearly. You're looking for the part that the house's waterline is connected to.

Here's the diagram that they give for your (corrected) model number.

It's part 10 on this one (I think it's the same) -

bernie