Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a small Amana A/C Unit, Model RCB2482A & am looking

I have a small Amana A/C Unit, Model RCB2482A & am looking to sell it, but have no clue as to the specifications of the unit. Is there a way I can find out more about the unit? I don't have any of the paperwork either. It was in a model home's office so it's a small unit that was only used for ~2 years. Thanks!

Thank you for using JUst Answer.

We need a bit more information to answer this best.

Is this a window air conditioner?

Is it a free standing air conditioner that uses a hose to blow the hot air outside?

This model number is XXXXX one I'm familiar with. If this were a model number it would a fairly large AC (around 24,000 BTU).

Please check the plate or sitcker on the machine. You should find it behind the front grill. If you remove the grill and look at were the air goes out it should be there.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Ok, here's all the info from the side plate.

Model RCB24B2A

MFG NO P1223302C

COMP FAN 60 HZ 10.9 RLA 0.6 FLA

1 PH 60 LRA 1/12 HP

197 MINV 1 PH 1 PH

VOLTS 208/230

Sorry, but I'm pretty much clueless as to what any of it means, but it is not a window unit. I'd say it would be a unit for maybe an apartment, but not big enough for a house.

Please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

Hi Ashley,

This model would not be considered small by most. The model should be around 26" wide and maybe 18" high and 28" deep. It should take two people to lift it.

Let me know if this is not what you see!

It is approximately an 24,000 BTU AC. This would cool a fairly large area. If it were used in an office with fax machines, computers and comercial copiers, then the room would be a good deal smaller.

You could cool approximately 700 to 1,000 square feet depending on conditions.

Used air conditioners do not have too much value today because the cost of new models has dropped greatly in the past few years.

You will need to find someone who needs something this large. This is too large for one or two rooms in a house. For apartments in the USA , this AC would be far too large. It would most likely be used for a business with heat generating machines. We usually put something like this size in a small hair salon. The hair dryers create much heat.

Brand new this model might go for $400.00 to $500.00 dollars depending on the market. A unit that was in perfect conditiona (looked virtually unused), that was 2 years old could go for $200.00 to $250.00. If it looks scratched up and worn the right price would be $100.00 to $165.00.

What will be most important is that you find someone who needs this large an AC. That person would be saving money on something that they need.

Please let me know if you would like more information (or if you see something different in front of you).