Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a Maytag, Model #MSD2142ARW. I just bought it from

I have a Maytag, Model #MSD2142ARW. I just bought it from a friend and hooked it up. It will make ice and when I hit the dispenser it will turn the auger and fill up the disperser hole in the door, but not dispense the ice. Also, it will not put out any water when I move the slide bar over to the water. Is the dispenser not working and is it replaceable?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This information indicates that the either the dispenser on the door has a mechanical and/or an electronic problem. Yes, it can be replaced. However, the price of fixing the refrigerator can be high.

Here is a diagram of the area -

Let me know if you would like more information.

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have any suggestions as to my being able to check anything you suggested above about the electrical or mechinacal problem? I would like this info before I pay you.

HiCustomer

The troubleshooting of this problem is time consumming and slow via the posting backand forth. There is a good deal of information you should have. So, I have uploaded the manual for you. Go to page 3-4 and that whole section to get started.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Sometimes, the site is a little glitchy. If you have difficulty, clean your temporary files and your hard drive, restart the computer and try again. It's definitely worth it to have the right information. You can go to the top left corner and save the PDF file to your desktop for easy access.

Please click here - Refrigerator

Let me know if you would like more information or clarification after you get into it.

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances