Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a KitchenAid KUDSO2FRSSO dishwasher that has stopped

Customer Question

I have a KitchenAid KUDSO2FRSSO dishwasher that has stopped working. The "normal" button light is flashing and it wont do anything. When I press the cancel button, it flashes also. Any Ideas? Is there a service manual available?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
let me check your model, you may have a bad board, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Do you need more information from me?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
click here to bring up electronic control. http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1060952&PPStack=1 this is most likely whats bad , they have allot of problems with these, it because there is a mismatched board and heater, after 9 am I will check on the kit for this. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX forward to hearing back from you. By the way, when it died I took the control panel out and one of the buttons didnt click like the others so I figured some liquid had gotten into it. I ordered a replacement panel from repairclinic but dont think i'm on the correct track. I hope its the electronic control, its cheaper.

XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
thats why I have to wait till after 9 the warehouse isnt open yet. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

ok you dont need to change both on this, the heater and board just the board, they want $97.00 on line but if you call appliance parts center at 1-800(NNN) NNN-NNNNthey have it for $58.95 and you can call them right now. there open. the part # XXXXX XXXXX , hope this helps ,thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for the help, I called Brad and ordered the part. If it works, I'll add a bonus.

Fred
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
that should take care of it, we do allot of these. let me know, thanks Bryan