Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Maytag Dependable Care dryer and the belt keeps slipping

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Dependable Care dryer and the belt keeps slipping out of the groove in the drum after a few minutes of being on. I have replaced the belt but I'm not sure if I'm putting it in the right groove to start with. Help!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you give me model # ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Bryan,

It's a (P) LDE8426GGE, Maytag Dependable Care machine, about 6 years old. There are 2 small grooves around the drum, close to the back. I've been putting it in the 1st one, nearest to the door, but it slips off towards the door after about 5 mins and starts to make a holy racket like there's sneakers in the dryer but louder. I have also tightened the idler pulley as it wobbled a bit but it still slips.The back of the machine doesn't come off for me to access the belt. I have to remove the drum from the front. I live in Switzerland and have a lot of difficulty finding anyone to service the machine (they call it an industrial size!) so I do alot of stuff myself. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok let me check your model. thanks Bryan