Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

Single wall oven - panel lock light on voluntarily Cant

Single wall oven - panel lock light on "voluntarily?" Can't use any controls. How to inactivate panel lock? Note - we did not clean the oven - all we did was reset clock to standard time. Thanks

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Without the model number, I will give a generic answer that would apply to most panels on these wall ovens.

See if you can locate a symbol that looks like a lock. It may be near or on a button that is already labeled something else. When you find that symbol push the button closest to it and hold it for the count of 10 (ten). This should release the lock.

If this does not help, please post the model number from the cabinet of the oven. You will find it when you open the oven door and look at where the door meets the cabinet.

Let me know how you make out.

bernie

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
no lock symbol - but I held the "panel lock" key itself for 10 seconds and it disabled. No model number evident - glad the fix worked so I don't have to dig out the manual! Thanks Bernie

Hi masbe,

Your welcome and thank you for the accept and bonus. I'm glad it was an easy fix.

bernie