Dave123
Dave123, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 years of service. General appliance tech for most all makes&models
12990683

I put a new glowbar igniter in my Whirlpool oven. The igniter

I put a new glowbar igniter in my Whirlpool oven. The igniter comes and the gas valve opens and let's the gas in. The gas was on for approx. ten seconds and it failed to ignite the burner. It seemed like a long time so I shut off the supply valve before the gas valve shut off. Do you have any ideas why?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Dave123 replied 8 years ago.

Hello, Did you make sure you put the ignitor on correctly. The way the braket faces the ignitor should not be more then around 1/2" way from the oven tube. It is easy to put this back on wrong. Check that first. Let me know. And if it's not that please respond back with your model number too. Thank you

Dave