I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

On a 3yr old maytag jet clean dishwasher,model no mjd2000aaw,

Customer Question

On a 3yr old maytag jet clean dishwasher,model no mjd2000aaw, what is wrong with it when the cycle stops and E3 shows up on the display screen,thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.

Hi luigicalvisi,

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Are you located in the USA? This model number is XXXXX one that I'm familiar with.

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
NO I AM IN AUSTRALIA YOUR SITE DID NOT MENTION IT HAD KNOWLEDGE OF US APPLIANCES ONLY
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomer/a>
Welcome to Just answers

E3 Sounds like you have to reset the system

To reset the machine, you turn off the breaker for 5 minutes.
And that should reset the system, If it is an electronic glitch!

If it still does not work then it is one of these defects:

Defective Motor
The water pump is driven by the drive motor. If the motor is defective, the pump will not operate and the water will remain in the tub.
Defective Pump
Most but not all dishwashers incorporate a reversible motor. By using a pump impeller and wash impeller, the action of washing and draining is accomplished by the reversing of the motor. If the drain impeller in the pump is defective, the water will not drain. Check the pump impeller for proper operation.
Defective Timer
The timer is a series of switches that controls all machine functions. If one of the contacts in the timer is defective, the machine will lose that function. knowledge of the the use of a vol/tohmmeter is essential to testing the timer as well as the ability to read the timer sequence chart that is supplied with the machine. In most cases this requires a professional technician.
Drain Line

Check the drain line for kinks. If the line checks out visually, it could be an obstruction in the line.
Garbage Disposa
l
If a garbage disposal has recently been installed, make sure the knock out for the dishwasher drain hose has been removed. You should also make sure that no items under the sink have been pushed into the drain hose. Any kink or crimps in the hose can cause it to stop draining.

Unfortunatly it may be time for hands on service!
Let me know how you do!

Thank you for using Just answer.
I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX opportunity to help you with your appliance question.
If I have provided an adequate solution, please click *ACCEPT*.
Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept.
This is very important to us.!

I.can

I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is it worth getting fixed?
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.

Here is an interesting report I just read!!!!!!!!!!

Repair or replace?

When to pull the plug on your old dishwasher

Typically, you'll also find a troubleshooting section for more-serious problems
in the owner's manual.

Should you pay for a repair or buy a new model?
The answer depends mostly on the age of your dishwasher,
how much you bought it for,and the cost of the repair.

Follow these guidelines:

When a repair makes sense.

If your dishwasher is under warranty or less than four years old ,
paying for a repair makes sense.
Note that dishwashers under warranty might require service from a factory-authorized technician;
readers have found them on a par with independent repairers.

When a repair might be a wise choice.

If your dishwasher is out of warranty and is four to seven years old,
it might make sense to pay for a repair. Customers generally pay $100 to $200 for a repair.
But you might want to buy a new model even at this stage,
given that today's models have added features.
Higher energy efficiency is another plus: Energy Star-qualified models made after April 28, 2008,
are 43 percent more efficient than conventional models built before 2001 and 56 percent
more efficient than those built before 1993.

When it pays to replace
.

The repair costs more than half the price of a comparable new dishwasher.
Data also shows that it doesn't pay to fix a less-expensive dishwasher
eight or more years old.

Thanks to better recycling programs, less than 10 percent
of dishwashers you replace are likely to end up in a landfill.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help!
This is very important to us.!
I.can