I.can
I.can, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  10 Years of experience installing and repairing appliances
13086822

Model No. E225B Ice & Water Fridge Fisher and Paykel Ser No.

Customer Question

Model No. E225B Ice & Water Fridge Fisher and Paykel
Ser No. RUQ822527
Date of Purchase 4/12/2006

The Ice Maker unit in the freezer has been dislodged. The tray came off and fell into the ice cube bin and the motor and sensor was hanging by the wiring at the back of the unit. A plastic arm in the shape of a triangle attached to the top left hand side was dangling down? Do you have a drawing of the ice tray mechanism showing how it goes back together? Where does the sensor normally sit? It does not seem to have any broken pieces.Do I need to get someone to inspect the unit.

Thankyou
Dennis
Category: Appliance
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Hello Dennis,
Welcome to Just Answer,
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will get you the diagram.
What country is this fridge from? UK?

Please check the sticker inside the fridge thats on the wall of the fridge ,
For the complete model number. I believe there are more digit's and letters needed
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I. Can

E225BRXFDU

I live in Australia. According to the Fisher and Paykel site (from Australia) it states that the extra numbers are only what side the door is hinged and the door finish?

Thanks

Dennis

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Yes but to look it up we need all the numbers and letters!
Get back to you as soon as possible, i'm looking it up now
Ican
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How did you go? Are you waiting for information from me?

Dennis

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
I've been searching for the info on your Australian model number to find the installation diagram and instructions for you ice maker so I can tell you and show you exactly what you need to reinstall it!
I have all the access to US models. Trying to get yours.
I do not like to be beaten by a book, only flesh and blood.So I never give up
if I get stumped I try harder till I succeed.
Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
I can forward this to someone that can better help you !
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

http://www.fisherpaykel.com.au/refrigeration/index.cfm?productUid=ECB54516-D08F-AFC2-5B2D42C0D6747007&section=feat&feat=ECBEC5E9%2D9D77%2D7502%2D40E375B29A8F4AA2

If you use this link this is what my fridge looks like. Believe the general arrangement of the ice cube tray mechanism should be similar? The tray sits above the LHS cubicle

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
This fridge looks and sounds not like the simple run of the mill refrigerator and I think
You just may need to get someone to inspect the unit.

Tell me how you do adn what was done!
I.can
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK I will get someone in to check and let you know

Thanks

Dennis

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Ican

I had already arranged a service technician to come and look at the fridge and asked for a refund from justanswer before I got any reply? I waited 2 days for the first reply and then you really could not find anything to help me?

The black sensor unit with two wires that I could not find a place for fitted underneath at the centre of the ice tray. It has a white plastic insert that the sensor unit slipped into. This is a temperature sensor to tell the unit that the ice has set. This then triggers the motor to turn the tray about 120 deg to empty the set ice. Without this in place the unit was ejecting the ice before it was set.

If you could of found a drawing I would have been happy to pay but really do not think this site helped me and now I have given you the answer

Thanks

Dennis

Expert:  I.can replied 5 years ago.
Dennis,
i'm sorry i did not succeed this time.
But my track record is excellent.
You win some and you loose some.
Thank You for giving us the opportunity to help you with your problem.
We are always here for you if you need some help with anything else!

100% customer satisfaction is my goal!!!

Thank you for using Just Answer.
Sincerely, Ican