Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC

I have a Frigidaire professional series range top oven. The

Customer Question

I have a Frigidaire professional series range top oven. The display was completely off when I notice. I reset the breaker and it came back on with F! flashing. According to the "Service data Sheet", it is either the control or one of the latch motor switches is closed when is not supposed to.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 7 years ago.
F1 means the Electronic Oven control has detected an internal fault, you'll need to replace it.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
According to the Service Data Sheet:
Fault code F1- " The control has detected a problem with either the control itself or an external fault associated with the latch motor switches. Check the individual latch motor switches. With the unit in either the fully loaded or fully unlocked position, only one of the swithches should be closed. If both switches are closed, replace the latch motor assembly, if not replace the control."
These are the exact words copied from the Sheet. Are you recomending a elimination of possibly mulfunction of the latch switches. If not, where are those latch switches located at, so perhaps I can check it myself(with your professional guidance).
In the case which I need to replace the control. Could you provide info on obtaining the part and directions on how to do it myself?

You can easily test the latch motor assembly to rule it out. It is located behind the range hidden by an access panel, just be sure to cut the power first.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Could you walk me through?