Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

The oven door glass is all discolored and I had a spillover

Customer Question

The oven door glass is all discolored and I had a spillover from the stove. How can I get to clean inside of the oven glass or do I have to replace the entire door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
well you can attempt to take door appart but its not recomended, these are tempered glass and the littlest chip on side of glass and it breaks not to mention these are usually hard to take appart and put back together,if you get me model# XXXXX make i will check to see hor complicated yours is, thanks Bryan, p.s. whole door may not be available as one piece.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
according to my GE manual it shows how a door can be taken off.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
yes the door can be taken off just by opening it till you hit first stop and then just pull it up off the hinges, thats the easy part. taking door appart is more difficult though. Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will try to get the model # XXXXX the GE oven with the glass top. I do not know where to look on the stove. My owners manual says JDP46 & JSP46. Will that help?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I believe this is your door, this is a diagram click here. http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-frame-diagram.php?pr=1 let me know if this is it and if it helps, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Cannot see diagram. There are a bunch of errors in that program. Please resend or send another way. Thanks.j
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Please answer my

reply that I could not read what you sent to me.

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
for some reason your not getting my replys, i've sent a new link but you say your not recieving them. one more try i guess, click here . http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php I hope this gets to you, thanks Bryan