Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My GE Profile Fridge will not dispense any ice. It is making

Customer Question

My GE Profile Fridge will not dispense any ice. It is making ice but none will come out fromt he door. All green lights are on. I can also get water. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you probably have a bad main control board in this.can you get me model #? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
<p>Would it be the Main board if everything else is working? I can't get to the back of the fridge to get the model number...It's kinda wedged in between the wall and the cabinet. I'm not strong enough to pull it out. And you might know I can't find my Manual. </p><p> </p><p>I've checked the Auger and it is not jammed up or anything.   Last night it would not dispense water either and then suddlenly the water started working. And the regular light (not the little ones) will come on and then I'll pressed again and it won't come on.</p><p>Will the lock cause any of this to happen....Or if it gets locked will everything shut down? </p>
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
My Fridge is A GE Profile ARTICA
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
usually the board is the problem on these , the board has relays on it that fail.but this is only one cause, in order to see what you have in this model i need the model #, the model # XXXXX be inside ref. on a white or silver tag on the side or ceiling inside ref. section, let me know ,Bryan,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Boy, I feel stupid. Yes the model number was inside the fridge...behind the spagetti?   It's PSS26SGRDSS
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
here is your dispenser board and key pad assembly click here and this is the main control board click here there is also a solenoid that gets rusted and can cause this problem but with the symptoms your telling me I think its the main control board, this is common on these. here is your solenoid also click here you can check this first, let me know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you very much for the info. I found something on the net that says there is a replacement program from GE on these refriderators? Because of this you know anything about it or a Number for GE?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
there may be a number for G.E in the ref. on a tag, the numbers I have are for service techs. only and they cant help you, you can google G.E for appropriate numbers though if you cant find numbers you can also call 800 directory. hope this helps, please press accept if your happy with my help.thanks Bryan