Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC
12391992

We own a front loading washer WM2077CW with an LE error. The

We own a front loading washer WM2077CW with an LE error. The drum spins freely by hand but the motor sounds like its stalled when we try the wash or spin cylce. Any idea what this is and how to fix it? Where can you suggest buying a repair manual?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 8 years ago.
The hall sensor on the motor is no good. It is located on the back of the tub. You can access it by removing the rear access panel and then taking off the rotor part of the motor. You will then need to remove the motor's stator to access the hall sensor. I can get you a part number if you need one. I'd be happy to send you the service manual as a PDF via email if you could post your address in code so the security program won't make it all xxx's.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Thanks for your offer on the manual. I found an online manual and downloaded that. I could've saved some dollars if I waited.
The manual also suggests the harness connections may be loose. I know the machine vibrates when it spins but how likely is that?

Dissasembly looks fairly straight forward.

Thanks.

The problem is almost always the hall sensor. The manual won't tell you that. There is no way to test the hall sensor with normal tools