stef, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 years experience specialising in fixing what others can't. I find the problem and fix it

The timer on our 6yr. old Maytag Performa electric dryer (Mo

Customer Question

The timer on our 6yr. old Maytag Performa electric dryer (Model PYE2300AYW/Seriel #10664826AG) would occasionally stick in one position and not turn off. Now it goes through cycle and keeps on moving to the next cycle without turning off. The only way to stop it is to open the door. The Performa washer sometimes "grabs" onto clothes and puts a section of serious pulls or worse, holes in our garments. I hate to replace both of them right now if we can avoid it. Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  stef replied 7 years ago.

Hello thansk for your question

Your timer needs to be replaced. call your local parts store and they can get you a rebuilt for approx 60.00

good luck stef

if this answers your question please accept

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Since it is the timer not shutting off, I kind of figured out it was a problem with the timer. But am I supposed to install a rebuilt timer myself? What about my other question that the washer is making holes in the clothes?
Expert:  stef replied 7 years ago.

Hello It is not very hard just pay the core charge and bring the core after . do one wire at a time. pull the back cover off and the knob two screws from the front.

or go to they have great repair help

good luck

Expert:  stef replied 7 years ago.

Hello the holes in the clothes could be a number of problems. you need to see if the agitator is spinning as well as the tub when in the spin cycle. you also need to make sure the tub has not droped. is this a dual action is the agitator doing it dual movement?

Also make sure the tub is not spinning while in the wash cycle if it is the transmission needs to be replaced