John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kenmore washer about 7 yrs old....great machine...however....when

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore washer about 7 yrs old....great machine...however....when we were moving last week, the inner tub basin, the hard plastic one, accquired a small crack on the bottom of the tub.   I was wondering, is it worth it to replace that part, or set it out for the trash man? I have the machine all tore down...but, I don't really want to spend a lot of money on it... Can I buy USED parts somewhere cheap?? please help?    Series 80- Model # XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
hi the model # XXXXX come through, but yes its worth the price. as far as used. is there a shop that you can buy used. near you i will check the price of a new one for you thanks
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
hi again. you can try to repair the crack with body fill they use for cars. sand down the crack. and use the bondo. its cheap. thanks. if your happy with my answer, please accept. with a positive feed back please. the appliance doc.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

it is that hard plastic ..that you cannot repair.....the crack is right on a plastic fin.....so i dont think that will work.....sorry.....I just wanted to price replacement plastic Tubs...do u happen to know where they sell them used??? The model # XXXXX 11020852990

thanks

anywayt

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
hi the price of a new tank is $ 126.00 thanks
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

sorry bud,

I dont think I should have to pay for an answer that tells me to use Bondo on High Impact Plastic

thanks anyway.....I am requesting a refund....

Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
well you have nothing to loose by trying
Expert:  John replied 8 years ago.
and if it works for me ?but go get the refund