John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

we have an advanced cooking stove that is not heating all the

we have an advanced cooking stove that is not heating all the way up to temp. ie we put it to 450 degrees and after 4o mins it is still only around 300. i think the broil is working better than the bottom but not really sure. what trouble shooting or ideas do you have for us before I call in a repair man. our gas was recently shut off to remove an old pipe for about 3 hours. could this have done something to the stove. ( it is a gas stove) thanks for your help XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
hi. thanks for your question. the only part that can cause this to happen, is the igniter, it does not get hot enough to open the valve all the way, so not enough gas, to get to the set temperature. its a common problem with gas stoves . i would replace the igniter. thanks. if your happy with my answer, please accept, with a positive feed back thanks the appliance doc
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Can the gas being shut off and restarted have caused this
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
no its a coincidence the igniter was ready to go replace it and this will solve your problem please accept. thanks. if you need me i am here for you thanks