Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

HI, ON THE CONTROL PANEL ON THE FRONT OF THE OVEN, ALL THE

Customer Question

HI, ON THE CONTROL PANEL ON THE FRONT OF THE OVEN, ALL THE ELEMENTS OF THE DISPLAY ARE ON AND I CAN'T START OR RESET IT. THE RINGS ARE STILL WORKING BUT NOT THE OVEN. THE CONTROL PANEL NUMBER IS XXXXX (GE), THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok, you more than likely have a bad clock assembly.have you tried shutting breaker off and then back on yet? is this your clock assembly click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=834229&PPStack=1 let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I tried shutting the breaker off and on several times, and it didnt make a difference. Yes this is my clock assembly. The display panels currenly shows 000 00:00. Is there a way to reset it?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I dont believe so, this clock is the replacement and the only way to fix is to replace it. the clock does come with instuctions but are sometimes hard to understand, you may want to have a tech. fix this or if you think you can replace clock yourself. sorry I don't have better news for you, but hope i helped, thanks . Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I can replace the clock myself. What shoud it show when it is reconnected?, Where can I find the instructions to set it up?.If I have to call a technician, how much should he charge including the new clock ( approx.) ? Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
the clock comes with instructions, did you get my link to clock ? the clock runs around $120.00 and i don't know what they charge for service and labor in your area. the clock will probably be blinking 000 also but it tells you how to set it.check out the link and you can go to different views of clock by clicking on picture. hope this helps , Bryan