Ask Accurate Appliance Service Your Own Q...
Accurate Appliance Service
Accurate Appliance Service, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years in business, Authorized Service Company for 3 manufacturers, NATE Cert. for HVAC

I have a Maytag Neptune TL washing machine & dryer!! I hate

I have a Maytag Neptune TL washing machine & dryer!! I hate the washing machine with a passion!! It will not clean my husband's work clothes. He is in the drywall business! When I take them out to put in the dryer there is still dry mud on his jeans and shirts. I have used every cycle on this machine. I have talked at least 30 people I know into never buying a Maytag washing machine. "If" there is a way to clean these clothes and them not come out all twisted together, please let me know!!! I am truly discussed with the name Maytag. When I get them out of this machine, they are tied into knots also. I have had this machine at least 3 or 4 years and I have hated every day even worse. I should have had Lowes come and get it the second time I used it. Believe me, I truly have come to loath the name Maytag! If you have any answers to the not cleaning well and the twisted clothes, PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Accurate Appliance Service replied 7 years ago.
There is no way to fix this problem, that is how they operate. One of the first product lines Whirlpool axed when they bought Maytag was the Neptune TL. Unload it on Craig's list or eBay and get a good machine like a Whirlpool direct-drive top-loader.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Are front loaders like Whirlpool good machines? I've always had a whirlpool until I bought this washer & dryer. Everyone said Maytag was the best!! My mistake!! Thought about getting a Whirlpool front loader and dryer - the one with steam! How are they? Will they handle workclothes like that?