Brian
Brian, Architect
Experience:  Licensed Architect- 17years
6457309

What does F-70 and F71 mean on my Sears Kenmore Elite HE5T

Customer Question

What does F-70 and F71 mean on my Sears Kenmore Elite HE5T wash machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Welcome to Just Answer.

Sorry to hear about your problem.

The F70 error apparently is a design flaw that happens to many of these machines in this series (HE3t, HE5t). It has something to do with a failure of the components to communicate with each other. The main circuit board most likely needs to be replaced. If this is still under warranty or you have the extended warranty, take advantage of it.

If you need further help or clarification on this answer, please do not hesitate to reply to this post.

Thanks for asking your question at Just Answer.

Best of Luck, Brian

Please leave feedback at your convenience.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
After waiting for someone to respond for three hours from Just Answer, I drove over to the Sears store where I had purchased the wash machine and spoke with the sales person who suggested that I needed to have a service person come out and that they would either have to replace an electronic board or provide me with a replacement unit if that didn't correct the problem. We scheduled a service person to come out on Monday.Accordingly I believe that the information I received at 10:59 pm this evening only confirms what I already had been able to determine
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.
Sorry it took so long for someone to respond. They will most likely have to replace the unit. Have a great day. I hope you come and visit us again....the wait is hardly ever that long.