Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Our maytag neptune wont proceed w/wash cycle. The door is

Customer Question

Our maytag neptune won't proceed w/wash cycle. The door is closed, but when I press start it's saying the door hasn't been opened since last cycle, open door & press start again. It just continues doing that. Could it be that it's not sensing properly? The control panel also won't light up when open & closing the door. It lights up when I press favorites to try & begin a cycle. What do you think?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
you more than likely have a bad door switch . can you get me model # ? when you open the door after a wash cycle has been completed the switch in the door will reset the board for the next wash. if the switch is bad the board doesnt sense the machine has been opened therefore doesnt reset, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok click here to see door lock assembly. if you have electrical knowledge you may be able to test this.but you need to remove the front of machine and lift top do get at this,let me know Bryan, p.s. if your going to test this or the board I cant help with diagnoses until tomorrow ,my service manuals are in my van and its not here . thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have no eletrical experience....I was hoping it would be something easy for a woman to do. Thanks for your help, guess I'll be making a service call monday AM. Thanks for your help.
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
yeah these are hard machines to diagnose and you don't want to make a mistake, I wish i had better news for you, well wishes and thanks Bryan