Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Whirlpool Calypso washer I purchased in 2002, I am

I have a Whirlpool Calypso washer I purchased in 2002, I am getting the error message FL and it won't finish rinsing. I have unplugged it and canceled, still has error. Help! I called Sears to fix. How much will this cost?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
ok well fl means flood condition, this will flash if any overfill condition occurs . the overfill switch has tripped,to much suds in machine can sometimes cause this to happen. but if you cant reset it by unplugging then you should have this serviced, sears would not be my first recomendation, they charge a ton of money to repair anything and never seem to (have part) and always need to return and charge you again for trip, check other options before having sears do it, a locale company perhaps, well wishes, and good luck Bryan