Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Refrigerator had dust on cooling coils and quit cooling, they

Refrigerator had dust on cooling coils and quit cooling, they have been cleaned off but the refrigerator will not get cold or even cool now. I turned it off it overnight and put a fan on it to cool down the compressor then plugged it back in but there is still no cooling going on?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
can you give me model # XXXXX make ? thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
model # XXXXX XXXXX and make is a WHIRLPOOL
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
ok , do you hrer any buzzing or clicking in the back by compressor? is the condenser fan running beside the compressor? let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes, everything seemd to be running fine, the fan is running and the compressor runs for about 10 seconds then clicks back off. This is why i went ahead and switched the fridge off last night and let it set with a fan blowing on it overnight then turned it back on this morning and waiting 3 hours then checked it again but it still does not seem to be cooling at all.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
more than likely you have a bad relay on compressor, this is relay or start assembly. click here http://www.repairclinic.com/SmartSearch/SSPartDetail.aspx?PartID=1177466&PPStack=1 you need to replace this, the compressor is not staying on , more than likely its the relay. we change alot of these, hope this helps Bryan