Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE refrgerator not sure what is the model, however

Customer Question

I have a GE refrgerator not sure what is the model, however theese are some of the #s that were found on the rear/
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
what is the trouble with ref.? if you look inside the ref. section there should be a silver or white tag on one of the sides or on ceiling, is this a side by side? let me know, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

SN: AL234184

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

No sure if you're getting my complaint

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

Hi this is bryan, i just recieved your info . let me check your model # XXXXX get back to you,, is this a side by side maytag ref.? you deffinetly have a defrost problen and need to take the freezer food out and remove back panel in freezer and take a hair dryer to defrost all the ice off the coils behind panel when this is done plug ref. back in and let it run, in the meantime I will sif i can find your model, thanks, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry you said this was a g.e. ref. more than likely you have a bad defrost heater g.e. has redisigned the old single heater with a double heater because these all fail. the good news is you can repair this yourself with little trouble, heres the part # XXXXX need. wr51x10101 you can order this and install it later when you recieve the part,if you defrost freezer like i said it will run for about three weeks before it freezes up again, plenty of time to get and replace heater, click this link to see and order heater the heater is located at the bottom of the coils and has 2 screws holding it in.if you have any other questions please ask. thanks Bryan