Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag neptune dryer MDE5500. There is something scraping

I have a maytag neptune dryer MDE5500. There is something scraping on the outside of the drum that has obviously worked its way between the drum and the outside cover. We are attempting to get to that portion of the machine but no where in the users manual does it tell you how to remove either the top or the side of the machine. Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
dont remove the side , you need to take the door off and then the screws on the other side across from door screws and then pull forward on top of front panel and the front will come of the clips on the bottom , then you can see inside the machine .to lift the top you need to take the two 5/16 screws out of the clips that hold top down once you get the front off. let me know how that gores. thanks Bryan