Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a refrigerator model#ED2FHEXNQ00 it seems my icemaker

I have a refrigerator model#ED2FHEXNQ00 it seems my icemaker has stop working, Granted I'm just changing the water filter. I figured that would cause the icemaker to start working again, but it hasn't. Is there some other place I can check to see if there's a blockage. I've performed the checks that the manual said and those areas seem to be clear. Should i maybe disconnect the line and check it? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
if you take the cover off the front of the ice maker you will see this module, check the center of the gear there are two tabs that hold the gear in place see if one of them is broken off. if the gear feels loose be careful if it comes off the are fingers behind it that are live! also make sure the yube inside freezer that goes into back orf ice maker is not frozen. let me know what you find. thanks . Bryan Part 961550
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

both Tabs are okay that's holding the gear. and it seems the line isn't frozen. But I noticed the water is 3 thirds of the way up to the icemaker it seems not to be getting to the icemaker.

Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
okay take a hair dryer and defrost the littile cup the water dumps into at the back of the ice maker. let me know if this works, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Bryan, I defrosted the cup but that didn't work, the water is still setting 3 qtrs of the way up to the icemaker (i'm viewing this from the back of the fridge), is it possible that the line has a air pocket in it that may be causing the pressure to be weak that leads to the icemaker?
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
its probably a bad water inlet valve , click here to see repair kit. this is a duel valve one side runs ice maker the other water in the door,this is probably your trouble, hope this helps Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Bryan, is there any thing else it could be? I don't want to purchase the inlet valve and that's not the problem. From 1 to 10 how sure are you? Thanks so much for your help I really appreciate it.