The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

Our washer wont start and the door wont open. All power sources

Customer Question

Our washer won't start and the door won't open. All power sources have been checked. Need to know what to do?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tech Michael replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Can I have the model# XXXXX thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Not sure if the washing machine (relatively new less than 2 years) finished its cycle or stopped in the middle. In any case the washer is full of clothes and the door is locked because the power won't come on. We verified the breaker and the power source and both appear to be fine. It is a GE front loader model GCVH626OFWW.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
has my clarification been read to my original question if not this will be cancelled on my credit card
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 5 years ago.

HiCustomer

The model number you have provided is not coming up in my data base. Could you please confirm that it is from the manufacturers tag on the unit.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Please check the following in your database because I believe the 3 last letters are dropped because this is just to indicate front load.

In other words check GCVH6260 in your database. I have checked the owners manual and this is what they seem to refer as the model number. Also in the owners manual, they give some information on what to do when the washer won't operate but mostly this information is related to verify the power or water supply. Hope you can help & Thanks in advance.

the following appears on the tag:

General Electric Company

Louisville KY

Model GCVH626OFWW

120 V 60 HZ 12A

graphic

Is this your unit?

Ok this is a strange one. The unit is a Sears model but it doesnt show as there are any parts available for it. Soooo. I went to the users manual section and low and behold there it is in black and white.

The unit you have is actually a WCVH6260FWW as far as GE is concerned. That is why I was having difficulty finding it in my data base. It isnt in my GE data base but it is in my Sears database.

Please click here for a copy of your service manual. Every thing you need is in it including complete diagnostic proceedures and directions for the dissassembly of the unit.

You may ask all the questions you need to as long as it pertains to this subject.

Clicking on the accept button will not end your question session. What it does do is transfer the funds to me for answering your question.

You must click on "I accept this answer" for this to happen.

You may continue to ask questions until your problem is solved or you are satisfied with the results of our communications.

Thank you for using justanswer.com.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy

Please be sure to leave positive feedback after you accept. This is very important to us.

Experience: 30 years repairing appliances
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks for the service manual, it helped me get the door unlocked and rescue some of my wifes clothes...if she is happy ..... I am happy. Still can't figure out what is causing the power failure and suspect it might be something related to the control board which I suspect I will have to call in a service technician unless you may have any parting suggestions?

If not, thanks. I accepted the answer and the payment will be made.

Go to page 51 and run the self test diagnostics. Let me know what you come up with and we can go from there. At least get an idea what the tech will be fixing. Then you can throw the bum out when he tries to cheat you. Cool

Thank you for the accept.

Best regards, XXXXX XXXXX Smithy