Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

F & P washing machine Excellence 7.5 Model GW709NZ.

Customer Question

F & P washing machine Excellence 7.5 Model: GW709NZ.               Fault: Won't start Auto cycle. Error LEDs from right to left: 1,2,4,6
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com. The Fisher Paykel tech site is down and I am unable to retrieve the technical info on your machine. However, if you remove the screws from the rear of the timer console there is a tech sheet that will tell you what the lights are indicating and the solution.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This machine doesn't have a timer console as such - only the control panel which has no diagrams or info of any sort.
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.
There should be three screws that hold the top control panel on, near the back of the machine where the control panel meets the cabinet. Is this true of your machine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No. There are only two scrrews that hold the pastic console on. This is the width of the machine and swings forward. Inside that there is the control PCB inside a plastic case. Fixed to the lower part is the electrical control for solenoids, switches etc. If you are US based, you probably haven't seen this machine. As the Model number suggests, it was made for the New Zealand domestic market. Do you have access to the F&P NZ website?
Expert:  Kelly replied 5 years ago.

I do, but it is down right now. I will opt out and see if another tech has anything to add.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks to Kelly for taking the time to answer. However, we are talking about different machines. Also, FYI, your Website didn't make it clear that it is a US site or that the payment is in $US. I went from what appeared to be a local tech link to a US tech. I don't expect US techs to know about machines made in NZ for the NZ market. I have been an industrial electronics tech for 25 yrs and am paid to resolve problems but I do have to actually fix it. To do that I need to know what I'm looking at. As it is, I'm fixing the machine the hard way - finding out what the faulty component is. I could have used the $15 I paid your organisation to buy the parts. If you were to check the questions I asked & the answers I received, you'll probably understand why I don't accept the answers. Thanks anyway.