Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

our Maytag SG 1000 Gas Dryer suffers from no heat after a few

our Maytag SG 1000 Gas Dryer suffers from no heat after a few cycles. I have removed the front cover and observed that sometimes the flame ignites, sometimes not. The ignitor always comes on, and the gas valve is energizing but making a lot vibrating sound. Ocassionally it will light. I m thinking it is one of the coils in the gas valve. I have cleaned ducts, internal and external. one thing bothers me: if we leave the dryer "off" for a while, then it always lights - so I thought it might be one of the sensors or thermostats- but then why does the igniter always come on and the gas valve always energize? I have noticed after being off a few minutes (10 minutes) then the igniter comes on and the flame lights, but i don't hear the vibrating sound from the gas valve. Do the coils fail after they get hot or energized a while?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 8 years ago.
Yes the coils will fail after being energized for a while. Part # XXXXX for all the coils you need. Click here to purchase online.