Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

Hi. We have a Frigidaire Front-loading washer, about 5 years

Customer Question

Hi.  We have a Frigidaire Front-loading washer, about 5 years old. ModelGLTF2940ES.  Last year it started acting up and we replaced the control panel and that didn't fix it, so we moved on to fixing the door lock sensor, and it's been fine.  This week it started to continually pause throughout the cycle, and we would have to press the start button over and over to get the cycle to advance.  Sooooo, we tried the original control board, which didn't work, and then bought a THIRD control panel and installed it.  Guess what, still acting stupid.  It will start to fill and agitate, then stay on the same digital "time" for several minutes, then go into "pause" again. If you press start, it will progress to the next minute display for several minutes of filling and agitating, then pause out again before advancing.  It does this on all cycles, except, Rinse/Spin and Drain/Spin.  WHAT THE HECK?  Can you help?  thanks -Terri
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 6 years ago.

HICustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

I don't think that you should keep the unit plugged in or use it because you may damage the 3rd board that you have just installed.

You may have a problem with the wiring harnesses or another component. I have the repair manual at home (I"m at now) I can upload it for you later tonight after 9:30 pm if you can wait.

Let me know if that would be ok for you.

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, I will show this info to my husband when he gets home from work. He won't be able to look at the washer until later anyway, so later tonight is great. Just email once the repair manual is uploaded. Can we contact you again for assistance? Thanks. -Terri

Hi Terri,

I've uploaded the repair manual.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Please click here - washer

Let me know if you would like more information or clarification. Post back to this question and it will send me an email.

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Don't have time to tear into the wiring until tomorrow now. When looking at the schematics online from the repair manual, it dropped me after about five minutes, and then wanted to charge me to keep looking at it. I think I saw what I needed to know, though. Thanks again.

HiCustomer

I'm sorry the download didn't go smoothly for you.

The PDF file is much more than the schmatics. You should download it.

We use that site every day. It can sometimes be tempormental! Don't give up.

Clean your temporary files and hard drive. Turn your computer off afterwards. When you turn it back on, go to the site right after you log to your browser (Internet Explorer seems to work best).

You should wait until the file completely downloads before trying to look at anything. This could take four or five minutes depending on the speed of your conncection.

Download the file to your hard drive and choose "save" from the top of the PDF tool bar to save to your desktop (or somewhere you can find it easy).

After you download the file, you will see that it is worth the extra effort because the troubleshooting diagnositc steps are laid out there. It shows how to test components to confirm what is bad.

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Okay, downloaded to desktop. Will keep you posted on the outcome. May take all weekend to figure it out, since it looks like we will need to borrow or buy a voltage meter.

Hi tspeilman,

The mult-meters are around $20.00 or so and you can them at Home Depot or Sears. They're handy and you need them when checking any appliance. They will save you from buying expensive components that don't fix the problem.

This link has very useful information on how to use it.

http://www.applianceaid.com/electrical_testing_tips.html

Always disconnect the machine and one side of the part when testing for ohms. Be very careful when testing for voltage and set the meter correctly (voltage AC).

Post back to this question if you need more information.

bernie