Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

Hi Bernie Im sorry it took me a while to get back to you.

Hi Bernie: I'm sorry it took me a while to get back to you. I checked the hose from the tub to the pump and there was no blockage. I did take the hose from the pump to the wall drain apart and found the little black flapper the prevents back flow came off and was in the drain pipe. after I got it out and put it back together, I did a small load and it was the same thing. Everything works fine except it won't go into the spin cycle. I did notice the light for the door lock was not lite. While it was in the wash cycle, I tried to open the door. I was able to open it while it was going. I know you could not do this before. Hopefully this is the problem. Could you please tell me what I need to do to fix this.
Thank you,
Deacon 772
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

You're right the door lock should not have let you open the machine. This is likely the problem. These machines have been known to have a short in the door lock that can blow the board also. If the machine does think that the door is closed (locked) it will not go into spin (for safety reasons).

So, I've downloaded the repair manual so that you can have all the information to check and test the door lock and other items. The manual has all the the different models of front load Neptunes. Just be sure you are in the section for the MAH4000.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Please click here - washer

Let me know if you would like more information or clarification.