Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a Whirlpool stove 1997 showing codes E3 F1 at the same

I have a Whirlpool stove 1997 showing codes E3 F1 at the same time when I try to use the oven. elements still work fine. have read it might be oven thermostat or sensor. can you help
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

We will need to know the model number to answer this best.

Please locate it on the cabinet of the range. You will find it when you open the storage drawer and look that the cabinet. You may have to turn your head sideways to read it.

Whirlpool ranges often start with either "R" or "G"

Also, do you have a multi-meter and some basic tools?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Mod - WEE34300

Ser - IMG3837088

Type - 30S

Sorry I don't have a multi-meter right now

Please re-check your model number as this number is XXXXX one I have seen before.

If you are not in the United States, then I apologize because I will not have the specifics to help you.

However, in the US the error code E1 F3 (kind of switched a bit from what you posted) is for the temperature sensor. It is a item found inside the oven that protrudes from the back wall. It is often accessible from inside the oven and is a simple replacement.

The part is usually available from your local appliance parts distributor and you should bring it to be sure you have the right one. They will also want to have the model number from the range to get the correct part.

Let me know if you would like more information. If this information is not a help to you please do not click the "accept" button.