Alan
Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ years in the appliance repair field.
11470909

I have a Maytag Heavy Duty stackable washer/dryer model number

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Heavy Duty stackable washer/dryer model number LSE7804ACE. The washer fills but does not continue with the wash cycle. Can you tell me what the possible problem is? Up to this point it was working fine.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
I think you have a bad lid switch. If you have an ohm meter you can check for continuity. If you can get me your serial number I can get you a part # XXXXX where to purchase it.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for info. Another condition is when we removed some of the cloths and then closed the lid the washer would add more water. When the lid was opened the water would stop. When the lid was closed the water would start again. Does this still sound like a lid switch? Thanks
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
No sorry that is not the lid switch then. Can you advance the timer and get it to spin out or wash?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No Also have tried all possible cycles.
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Do you here the motor hum or try to start?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No The washer just sits there with a full load of cloths and water. The washer did work earlier in the day. Did at least 3 loads before this problem.
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.

After looking at your wire diagram it looks like you have a bad timer.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How much should it cost to replace the timer and is it something I could do? I am mechanically and electriclly inclined and have worked on appliances in the past. Will not be able to change the timer until around Thanksgiving. Washer is in MI and we are currently in CO. Is there different part numbers for my washer? The Model number of my washer is LSE7804ACE.
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.

The part number for your washer is 22001180. Once you get to it, it is not hard to change.

Alan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ years in the appliance repair field.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Your welcome.