Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

I have a side side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with thru the

I have a side side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with thru the door ice service, model SRD26V. I need to move it thru a door opening and must remove the doors. Could you give me instructions on how to remove doors.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 5 years ago.

Hi Robert,

There are instructions on page 3 for removing the doors correctly.

Click here -- Doors

Let me know if you would like more information

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have the same manual, so that I can follow it in order to remove the doors. I thought there might of been something that I missed, so that was the reason I asked the question.

Thanks,

Hi Robert,

Was there a problem that came up in following the book?

bernie

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

In the instructions,

e. once I remove the door 3 hinge screws and the 2 wire connectors on the top, can the door be lifted off the bottom hinge? Also, on the refrig. door, I assume that the I would remove 3 hinge screws and the door should be able to be lifted off the bottom hinge. What is meant by the statement "Do not distrub position of hinges shims".

Hi Robert,

Yes, the doors on these are generally lifted off the bottom hinges.

The hinges shims are the washers that you may see sitting on the hinges. It's very important to keep the shims in exactly the same positions when you put the door back on or you will find the door not closing correctly.

So, if you have to remove them for any reason take a good picture with a digital camera or use some other notation to be 100% sure that they go back the same way they were.

If you don't do this, you will have a great deal of trouble getting the door right again.

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances