Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

yes i have purchased a new whirlpool washing machine i no i

yes i have purchased a new whirlpool washing machine i no i have it leveled correctly but about three minuteds of the cycle it shakes entirely to much is there something else i should try
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

There are shipping straps/bolts that must be removed from a new machine when you unpack it and hook it up before you can use it. Have you removed these?

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yes they were removed

HiCustomer

I know that this may be a bit frustrating.... However,

Please go back and re-check the installation instructions. We have had a few people find that they missed a shipping strap/bolt after re-checking.

This is (by far) the most common reason a new machine will do this. These machines are tested at the factory and we really very, very seldom see any problems with them right out of the box.

Thank you for your patience.

bernie

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i checked all four transport bolts were removed i tried moving the washer side to side and back to front it dosent seem to move that is the only thing else i no to adjust

HiCustomer

It sounds like the washer is level (all four feet on the floor solidly).

You can check the floor carefully by gettin down on the floor and watching to see if the foor is moving at all. We sometimes see that a floor is moving and causing the machine never to adjust to the out-of-balance that this can cause. This is especially true with wooden floors on the first and second floor.

If your install is good, then the best thing to do is return the washer to the retailer. Most retailers will take back the washer if you have a problem within 30 days.

You can also call to have a servicer come out and repair the unit because it is covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

I would not disassemble the machine (to investigate further) because they may decide to void your warranty if you do so. Then, they can refuse either to fix it or take it back.

bernie

Experience: 27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances