Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I purchased a Neptune front load washer in 2000. Model MAH4000AWW.

I purchased a Neptune front load washer in 2000. Model MAH4000AWW. The washer will not go into the spin cycle. I ordered a new timer and replaced it thinking this was the problem. It still won't spin the close out. I checked to see if the pump was working, if any blockage in any of the hoses and found no problems there. I watched the washer go through a complete wash cycle and everything seemed to be working fine, except the dial would just bypass the spin cycle and shut off. The pump would drain most of the water out, but when I would open the door, the close were soaking wet. I am out of work and cannot afford to have someone come to check it out. I would appreciate any help you could give me.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 7 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

When you stated that you checked the pump... Did you check with a multi-meter? Was it getting the correct voltage (part 14 below)?

Have you checked the hose from the outer tub to the pump? If this is obstructed the machine will not remove all the water and signal the machine to not spin.

Next, we would check the door switch mechanism to be sure that it is closing the circuit. Then the timer (part 9 below) to be sure that the contacts for the spin area were not burned or fused together.

I have the service repair manual and I can upload it for you tonight after 9:30 PM est when I get home. It has the troubleshooting sequences and how to disassemble the machine step by step. Let me know if you would like it.