John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.

I have a 5 year old GE top loader washing machine (Model no.

I have a 5 year old GE top loader washing machine (Model no. WSSE5210B2WW) It runs fine until the spin cycle. At that point water starts running in at the same time as it is spinning, and then the water continues to run in even after the machine finishes spinning and shuts off. It never actually overflows -- just fills to the top. The only way I can get the water off at that point is the manual valves on the wall (I do that and put the machine back on spin to get the clothes spun out). Thanks for any advice!
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
hi. thanks for your question. when this happens have you un- plugged the washer, to see if the water shuts off. you could have a timer problem.or a pressure switch. please accept. i am here to help you repair . thanks the appliancedoc
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes. I have tried unplugging the washer and replugging it in. As further info, the problem does not occur every time I run the washer -- only 1 out of every 4 or 5 times.
Expert:  John replied 7 years ago.
hi i would check the water level control hose, the one that goes from the water level switch, to the outside tank, could have some lint stuck in the hoes. please accept i am here to help