Bob Schauer
Bob Schauer, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience in commercial and domestic appliance repair
11862455

My LG Tromm dryer DLE5977S is heating but drying and the check

Customer Question

My LG Tromm dryer DLE5977S is heating but drying and the check filter light continues to blink even though the filter has been cleaned repeatedly. The front panel also indicates that it's both heating and cooling at the same time. We've tried unplugging and letting it sit for approximately 5 mins and this didn't help either.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob Schauer replied 8 years ago.
HelloCustomer my name isXXXXX would suggest if you haven't already tried it, disconnect your dryer vent and then try running it again and see what happens. What this would do is show that the vent line to the outside could be restricted at some point. Let me know what you find. Bob
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you. We had already tried that and yes it worked. However, do you know why the Check Filter light is staying on and why when it indicates "drying" the "cooling" light is also on? Do we need to reset the Check Filter light? And if so, how would you do this?

I would suspect the sensors for those items. They may be located in the same area of the machine. I am not familiar with your particular model. I was working off of general experience. It is often very difficult to find information on a particular model. I would check those sensor, you can even replace them as a final test. Its less expensive than replacing the control board which would be the next step.

Since you found that the dryer works better with the vent disconnected then you probably realize that your vent going out side is restricted. I hope I have been of help and if you feel I have please leave positive feedback. Thank you for using Just Answer. Bob