Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances

I have a magtag advanced cooking system range. Model #MGS5770adw.

I have a magtag advanced cooking system range. Model #MGS5770adw. The control panel which operates the oven is going on and then completely off at different times whether the oven is on or off. The time display starts flashing on and off. At times the panel goes completely blank for minutes at a time and then will appear on again. Then when it comes back on the time is delayed by the minutes it was off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

This problem is likely the result of a short. To find the short you will need to get the schematic and/or the tech sheet for the wiring. It should be behind the back of the machine.

Here is the schematic -

Then you'll need to unplug the machine and check the wiring for continuity with a multi-meter. This will require patience.

We would start with the control panel to see if it is getting 120 volts (especially when the panel goes blank). If it is you may need to replace the board itself.

Let me know if you would like more information or clarification on the above.