Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

how do you replace the rubber door seal on a hotpoint aquarius

how do you replace the rubber door seal on a hotpoint aquarius washer drier does the drum have to come out
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
can you get me model # XXXXX Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The model is wd64 1200spin
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
well cant find that model # XXXXX the tub shoulnt have to come out if its the rubber boot on the front of the washer you need to change,let me check some other databases for this model, please check model # XXXXX there should be a tag inside washer door , let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the front of the boot is secured by a band on the front panel inside the door but the inner edge of the boot is somehow attached inside the front panel and I cannot see how to release it
Expert:  Bryan replied 7 years ago.
these have a spring that holds the inner boot on the outer tub assembly . not easy to see but where the boot lips over the inner tub it goes all the way around tup to hold boot on tub. you should be able to feel this with your finger its real tight to get off and even harder to get back on. I'm goindg by most of the front loaders i've done these boots on, cant bring up your machine in database ,check for a spring. also if you can remove the top of washer you may see the spring from top. let me know Bryan