Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator, model RSD2200E that beeps

Customer Question

I have a Maytag Plus refrigerator, model RSD2200E that beeps about every 15 minutes; what is the warning?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do you see any frost on the back panel in freezer section? look real good and move the food to get a good look, let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No, it's a frost free freezer . . .
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I know its frost free thats why I needed you to make sure its defrosting correctly, if it wasnt it will make ref. run allot trying to cool ref. section. are you sure its a beep or is it more like a buzz? let me know Bryan. also is the beep comming from inside or back of ref.?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There is no frost in the freezer at all; the fridge does run excessively; I've never been close enough to tell where the beep comes from, but it appears to be a warning beep?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
it sounds like you have a bad compressor relay since there is no frost at all , your compressor is not starting all the time. is it cold at all? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The freezer is holding @ 11 degrees & the refrigerator @ 38 degrees.
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
do me a favor and check the fan next to the compressor and inside freezer tell me if there running, also check and make sure the coils are clean. the temp. is not to bad its about right .could be a little lower in freezer but otherwise sounds like its cooling .let me know about fan. thanks Bryan