Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore mdlXXXXXXXXXXX replace door handle I have the par

Customer Question

Kenmore mdlXXXXXXXXXXX replace door handle I have the part
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
can you please send model # XXXXX all we see here is all xxxxxxx, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
XXXXXXXXXX0
Kenmore Elite HE3
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Did you get the part #XXXXXXXXXXX
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My number continue to go through as Xs
I will spell them out
Model number one one zero eight two eight three two one zero zero
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
all right , I'm comming up with a stackable washer dryer is this right? is this the handle your talking about? let me know, also is this the dryer door handle or washer handle?Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The part number on the door handle I got from Sears is
eight five five nine seven five one
My units do not stack. Kenmore Elite HE Three
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Dryer door handle
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It does look like the one in the image you sent
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok look on the side of door itself and tell me if there are screws holding the 2 door skin pieces together.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The side has a plate I tried to remove. It is used to change how the door opens, right or left. There are no screws on the side of the door. There are multiple screws on the inside of the door.
No screws are visible on the outside of the door. It is round
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are two screws on the bottom inside of the door that might hold the outside skin on
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok remove these screws and the two sides will come apart and you will see the screws that hold the handle on. let me know , thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I removed the screws and the cowling on my door is a circle. It does not come apart.
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok I'm having a hard time bringing up diagrams for this unit.the site I use for diagrams is down right now and cant get picture of door, are there any other screws in this? like in the cowling? the screws for handle are in the door in between the two pieces i believe,IO will keep trying to get diagram but it may be down for maintenance, I'll let you know thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There are multiple screws in the back of the door. Do you think they all need to be removed to access the handle screws?
Should I remove the door to allow easier access?
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you may have to. do any of these screws seem to line up with the door handle? did the old door handle break off completly? there are ony two screws holdin the door handle on take the door handl and see if there are two screws that line up with the holes on door handle. otherwise there inside door, I have to step out for a few minutes but will be back. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for trying. I thinks you had the wrong unit. My cowling does not come apart.
I took the screws off. There are four that are torx and do not need to be removed. The others are sheet metal. Once they are off you can see the screws that hold the handle in place.
They are also sheet metal type as they are going into plastic.

My handle is in place and the Dryer still works

Thanks again
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
ok , wish I could have done more its hard to get diagrams sometimes, the site was down , well wishes Bryan