Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Mod.#KUDPOIFLWH6---I need to re-install

Kitchen Aid Dishwasher Mod.#KUDPOIFLWH6---I need to re-install motor/pump housing assy. back into tub base opening, I cannot get rubber seal in housing assy. to seat into tub base opening.Please inform how to do, & if I tear rubber seal in trying,what do I have to buy to replace a damaged rubber seal.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
let me check moel # XXXXX I'll be right back. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is this your pump and motor assembly? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width=
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Waiting for answer. Vernon Lowd----cannot get to unit at this time but ,yes that appears to be the correct assy.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok what are you having trouble with,? the rubber seal goes on the pump and motor assembly and then you seat it into the tub . I usually use a liitle bit of dish soap around the outer rubber to help slide it into place and get it to seat.is the rubber on the pump assembly now? or are you trying to seat the rubber in tub first? it has to be on pump first , let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The seal is on the pump assy. & does not appear to be designed to come off .(thats why I asked "what do I have to buy if I damage the rubber seal") Perhaps I am incorrect about that. I did try soap, but could not get it to seat in the tub. Thought there might be a thin wire tool kit, that was used to guide it on, as used when installing auto glass in rubber gaskets.If you think soap is the best or only way to go ,i'll try again,but I have tried it several times with no luck. I operated a Paint & Body shop till retiring ,so I'm pretty good when repairing things, but this on has me stumped. Hope you can help !!!!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
how come you had to remove this to begin with? did you buy a new pump assembly or just removed the old one for some reason? I used to be an certified auto glass tech. in ma. a long time ago. I wouldnt recomend wire for this application though. is it just not seating all the way down? I'm trying to find out whats going on so i can help. let me know ,Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tub corner was dented while being moved, it was easy to repair dent with body shop tools ,but gasket broke loose from hammering on tub.Little problem turned into big one for me.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
oh man,all you can do is try the soap all around the gasket and push down until it seats.what kind of hold downs are there on this pump?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Perhaps I was trying to insert it inproperly.I was starting at one point & then snaking it around. I will try as you stated,soap it up & push down.Wish me luck. Last question. Does your parts book show what you must buy to get the gasket? Then I'll say thanks & leave you alone. I'll leave a message if it works.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
well apparently you can buy the sump and seal separately, click here to see diagram of assembly, http://www.pcappliancerepair.com/model-display.php this is all i can find on it ,the part # XXXXX #4 on this diagram,putting some soap on it and just pushing it into place is how I always do it fits very tightly because it is a seal for the water, let me know how you make out, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.