Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE front load washer model # XXXXX It will

I have a GE front load washer model # XXXXX It will not fill, and when I start a new load, the drain pump comes on. I ran a code check and got two error codes. E54 and E70. What do these codes mean. How can I fix washer?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
cant find E54 but E70 refers to a drain problem. these machines usually drain any eccess water out before filling for new cycle, check you drain and make sure the hose isnt kinked and and the pump is not clogged,thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have cleaned the pump filter, blown through the drain hose to make sure it is clear. The drain pump should not come on first when starting a new wash cycle. Any other suggestions?
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

well thats all the codes I could get on this,you may have a board problem ., if you open the bottom panel of machine in front check and see if theres a tech. sheet in a plastic bag, also this could be under the top where the controls are. sometimes they have diagnostic tests you can run and see what the problem is, most machines have these tech sheets somewhere inside, we use them all the time ,let me know if you find it, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan, I found the tech sheet. I am currently trying the various checks. Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, but I had to go somewhere.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Bryan, I ran through the checks and the tub will not rotate in spin mode, or wash mode. I unplugged and replugged the connectors to the motor, and still nothing. I guess that I will have to call service and get the motor replaced. Thanks for your information about where to find the tech sheet. Even though I cannot fix the problem, I think I narrowed it down to something I can't fix. Well I probably could fix it if I knew for sure it was motor. The info was worth the money. Thanks again, Tony