Bernard S.
Bernard S., HD TV, Large Appliance Sales
Experience:  27 Years Managing Stores, Operations and Selling Appliances
8697087

We have a kenmore top loading washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNthat

We have a kenmore top loading washer model(NNN) NNN-NNNNthat stoped working mid load today. There is power to the washer and the lamp is working, but there is no responce when I push any of the command buttons.   The unit is about 8 years old Is there a reset switch somewhere?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bernard S. replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for using Just Answer.

There is a thermal fuse that can blow if the motor/crankcase binds up. However, you really don't want that to have happened because replacing the fuse will not be the only thing you will need to do.

This machine is made by Whirlpool and the basic design and components are very common from machine to machine. The cosmetic design and the controls can look different and sometimes the screws for the control panel are hidden differently. However, it's Whirlpool machine that you can troubleshoot with a couple of basic tools and a multi-meter.

I have the information you will need to troubleshoot the problem. I have uploaded the information for you. Go to page 29 after you download the information and follow the troublehooting steps.

When you go to the site to download do not use AOL. Use Internet Explorer or another browser because that site does not like AOL. Choose the "Free" option. After you download the file you will need to open it with Adobe or another application. You should already have that on your computer.

Click on this - washer

Let me know what you find and if you would like more information. I can clarify the information if you have more questions about it as you go thru the troubleshooting. Just post back to this question.

bernie