Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Refridge tpx24ppbabb replace water line on freezer door. Do

Refridge tpx24ppbabb replace water line on freezer door. Do I need to remove the glued on gasket or can I get to it through the dispencer door, but how do I get the outside trim piece # XXXXX off the door?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.

Hi this is Bryan,were you already talking to someone about this? are you trying to replace the water line that feeds the water in door? some of these arte though to do but you dont usually remove a glued on gasket,when you refer to part # XXXXX trim piece what site did you find this on? does the water line run up through the hinge?is this the diagram you have? let me know Bryan

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I cannot see the diagram at the site you gave me.

I used

The glued on part is the door seal, it covers the screws on the door. And holds the door together. Part 11 is cover over the water/ice dispencer. I thought the dispencer might come out of the front of the freezer door, but I need to get past the cover trim.

could you forward your responce to: [email protected]

I am leaving work right now, thanks Bruce

Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hey Bruce, the screws you see under the door gasket hold the the gasket and the inside liner of the freezer door, remove these and the door liner inside will come off , as far as the trim goes usually they are snapped on over plastic clips and are hard to get off, but if your careful you can release these with a small screw driver or stiff putty knife let me look at the diagram you sent me and see. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
I looked at your diagram and its the same one I tried to send you , I believe you can just remove the inner liner on this and get at the water line without removing the trim cover on dispenser. let me know Bryan