Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool Duet Washer is making a strange noise that seems

My Whirlpool Duet Washer is making a strange noise that seems to be coming from the lower left. Kind of like tugatugatuga. In the spin cycle it won't go to high speed and only stays on a relatively slow spin. The noise starts as soon as the normal wash cycle begins.
sounds like your drain pump is clogged.take the bottom panel of (there will be 3 screws on the very bottom) along the front , there hard to see so get down low and look under. when you get it off you will see the pump assembly in front turn the cup part out and clean it. get some towels for this theres probably water in it. sometimes tipping machine bachk helps .if you get me model # XXXXX will get picture of it for you thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I got into it and no major clogage. I disconnected the motor and nothing appeared unusual except the shaft holding the impeller was extended out about 3/8". It pushed back in fairly easily. Seemed strange to me. reassembled everything and it was better for a short time and then made the noise again. with the bottom cover off it is clearly something with the pump. Any final thoughts before I accept and pay you? Thanks for your help.

well it sounds like the pump impeller is hit when it moves forward these shouldnt move like that the impeller is loose and when it gets spining it prbably hits the pump housing, thus the noise, replace the pump and it should be fine, do you need info on where to buy? let me know Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks. I replaced and it works great. Thanks so much for you help.
no problem, thanks and well wishes, Bryan