Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a washing maching mw511 pride. It quite often wont

Customer Question

We have a washing maching mw511 pride. It quite often won't finish it's cycle. Sometimes it will and sometimes it won't. The last couple of times we have used it we have had a mini flood in the laundry. It also is not taking in much cold water. Hot water is fine. The last time we tried to use it a squeaking noise started when the cold water was going in and the hose started thumping.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 6 years ago.
you have a cold water fill problem, more than likely you valve is bad. the thumping in the hose is because the valve is opening and not staying open and water keeps flowing stoping flowing stoping thus the thumping,check the screens in the hoses for build of particles of dirt or hard water . if these are clear change the fill valve. a good way to test hoses is to take them off and put them in the tub and turn them on and see the pressure is good, also check the valve where the hoses connect and make sure inside then valve where they hook up are clear. let me know Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your help. You were absolutely right. We had this machine looked at 3 days ago and when the repair man left after replacing the valve it was worse than before. We have now had a 2nd repair man in who has replaced the valve again and we now have a machine working perfectly. Apparently the 1st man replaced the cold water valve with a hot water one. Both of these people were sent by Fisher and Paykel. The 1st man was rather rude and very slap dash. the mahine belongs to elderly people and they felt intimidated by him. Luckily the 2nd man today was pleasant, clean and left the laundry just as he found it but with a machine going and happy people.

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I'm glad to hear that. well wishes and thanks for using Just Answer, Bryan