Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my br18d amana heats up to 60 deg ,if I unplug it for a few

Customer Question

my br18d amana heats up to 60' deg ,if I unplug it for a few hours then turn it back on it will cool for a day ,but starts to warm up all over again ,it starts to whin before warming again                      &nbs p;                                                                                                             steve .   Boston, ma
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hey steve. well this could be a number of things, do you hear any clicking or buzzing behind the ref.? pull it out from the wall and listen good for about ten minutes. also is this whining comming from the rear? this could be the condensor fan . also can you get me full model #. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
hi Bryan, the full model number is XXXXX BRD18V1. I would say it is more like a humming/buzzing sound. it is intermittent. it will buzz for a while, then stop....when it buzzes, the fridge gets warmer. after i cleaned out the vent the fan was running smoothly for a little while, then it stopped again..last night i plugged it in and it seems to be running so it is not making the noise today. but who knows how long it will work this time. Steve
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
hey Steve,sorry my internet keeps going down using my wireless this morning real slow in house,click here i think this is your problem its the relay on compressor,also check the fan next to compressor make sure its not stopping, link let me know and please press accept if your happy with my answer, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 8 years ago.
Hey Steve, by the way born and raised in ma. just moved to tn. 6 years ago, lived on cape cod last 4 years before moving here, Bryan
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey Bryan, I wanted to let you know that the fridge was working good for a while if I unplugged it when it started buzzing, then I'd plug it back in a few hrs later and it'd cool for a day or so and eventually buzz again. It did go without buzzing a few days in a row. I finally got to putting the part that you suggested in today and the noise is louder than it was before. It's still buzzing and not cooling. Any ideas? What's next? Thanks, Steve
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hey Bryan,what happened? 223steve